Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble with the volume from my iPhone 11 when exporting from iMovie to YouTube

I upgraded to the iPhone 11 to make better quality videos for YouTube, however I am having volume issues. When I upload my videos to iMovie and play them on the Mac the volume is fine, but by the time I have exported the edited video to YouTube the volume is so low that you have to have the volume on your device turned all the way up for it to sound like a normal level. If I increase the volume in iMovie before exporting it distorts the sound in YouTube. I purchased a Rode VideoMic Me-L but it appears to make matters worse as the volume is very low even in iMovie and I have to bring it right up to even hear it - I have contacted Rode separately to ask if the mic is faulty or not being used correctly as there are no settings I can change.

Anyone have any advice for me? TIA.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 9:26 AM

Try going to System Preferences/Sound and using the slider to adjust the input and output levels. See if that cures it.

Also, try sharing your movie to your desktop and from there dragging it into You Tube's upload window. That is the most reliable way to upload to You Tube.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 9:26 AM in response to lucihana

Try going to System Preferences/Sound and using the slider to adjust the input and output levels. See if that cures it.

Also, try sharing your movie to your desktop and from there dragging it into You Tube's upload window. That is the most reliable way to upload to You Tube.

-- Rich

Having trouble with the volume from my iPhone 11 when exporting from iMovie to YouTube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.