Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Teams

Hi Everyone,

Is there a compatability issue using Microsoft Teams on Apple devices? I can't seem to join Teams meetings when sent and invitation on my home device (MacBook). I've also noticed you can no longer download the App from the store. So frustrating at times like these when you need to rely on video conferencing platforms. Can anyone clarify? Thank you.

MacBook, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 1:26 AM

Download link from Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app

Regarding compatibility you may need to check with Microsoft support.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/teams

Hope it helps.

8 replies

Aug 18, 2020 4:44 AM in response to neuroanatomist

Thank you. Yes, I’m aware of its application as an enterprise device. And I’ve used it within an organisation. It’s just ‘clumsy’ that it give you an option to register for teams to connect friends and family yet only works on iPhone and iPad... and even then just to receive VC. As a private user, it’s frustrating to use when engaging with an enterprise that utilises Teams as its VC platform - I literally have to move from one piece of hardware (MacBook) to another (iPhone or iPad). Thanks for kindly responding👍

Aug 18, 2020 7:24 AM in response to Dallers

Clunky it may be, but it’s a Microsoft issue – they set the policy that Teams is for business use, not for friends and family. If an enterprise you work with/for is needs you to participate in a videoconference on Teams, it is the responsibility of the enterprise to ensure you have access to Teams, and you should ask them for an account. For example, when I hire a consultant they are given a corporate email account which includes access to Teams.

Microsoft Teams

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.