Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, how to put an open Page or even PDF form to an Email (not as an icon) enable viewers to click the installed web links URL at this Page/PDF form? if converted in JEPG the Links aren't working.

Hi, how to put an opening Page or even PDF form to an Email (as an News Letter) (not as icon) enable viewers to click the installed web links URL at this Page/PDF form, if converted to JEPG the Links aren't doable.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 8:35 AM

Hi Michael,

Bob is right, Mail is not going to interpret your documents layout in the same way you have created them in Pages.

One way is to recreate the newsletter in Mail as a template that can be edited easily to closely match the newsletter format.

Another is to ensure the newsletter is only one page long and it will then preview in Mail as an image in the email body but will require opening in an email reader for URLs to work.

You do have to understand not everyone you are emailing has the same setup as you do, they may only look at email on their iPad, Phone or PC perhaps.

There is no way without extra software or an online builder for you to get the same layout of your newsletter to work in an email. A newsletter is a specific width and height of page where an email has the ability to flow and adjust to conform to the size of the window it is being viewed in. The text must be fluid and not as restricted as a printed page which has dimensions to conform to so it fits onto a certain paper size. Your email can change based upon how wide your screen is but when printed it will also conform to the size of the paper it is instructed to fit on by your Page Setup.

I would love to recommend a free builder but I am not familiar with any of them, sorry

Best of luck

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 8:35 AM in response to Michael M.Beise

Hi Michael,

Bob is right, Mail is not going to interpret your documents layout in the same way you have created them in Pages.

One way is to recreate the newsletter in Mail as a template that can be edited easily to closely match the newsletter format.

Another is to ensure the newsletter is only one page long and it will then preview in Mail as an image in the email body but will require opening in an email reader for URLs to work.

You do have to understand not everyone you are emailing has the same setup as you do, they may only look at email on their iPad, Phone or PC perhaps.

There is no way without extra software or an online builder for you to get the same layout of your newsletter to work in an email. A newsletter is a specific width and height of page where an email has the ability to flow and adjust to conform to the size of the window it is being viewed in. The text must be fluid and not as restricted as a printed page which has dimensions to conform to so it fits onto a certain paper size. Your email can change based upon how wide your screen is but when printed it will also conform to the size of the paper it is instructed to fit on by your Page Setup.

I would love to recommend a free builder but I am not familiar with any of them, sorry

Best of luck

Aug 19, 2020 8:24 AM in response to Michael M.Beise

Courtesy of BDAqua

Save Emails as Templates in MacOS Mail and Mac OS X Mail 

To save a message as a template in MacOS Mail:

1. Open the Mail application on your Mac.
  2. To create a new mailbox called "Templates," click Mailbox in the menu bar and select New Mailbox from the menu that appears. 
  3. Select a Location for the mailbox and type "Templates" into the Name field.
  4. Create a new message.
  5. Edit the message to contain anything you want in the template. You can edit and save the subject and the message contents, along with the recipients and the message priority. As you work, the file is saved in the Drafts mailbox.
  6. Close the message window and select Save if prompted to do so.
  7. Go to the Drafts mailbox.
  8. Move the message you just saved from the Drafts mailbox to the Templates mailbox by clicking on it and dragging to the destination.

You can also use any message you previously sent as a template by copying it to your Templates mailbox. To edit a template, create a new message using it, make the desired changes and then save the edited message as a template while deleting the old template.

Use an Email Template in MacOS Mail and Mac OS X Mail 

To use a message template in Mac OS X Mail to create a new message:

1. Open the Template mailbox containing the desired message template.
  2. Highlight the template you want to use for the new message.
  3. Select Message | Send Again from the menu or press Command-Shift-D to open the template in a new window.
  4. Edit and send the message.

Another alternative would be to use an online email builder to create a template that you can make a layout in an easily editable format and store as above.

Best of luck

Aug 18, 2020 7:42 AM in response to Michael M.Beise

Hi, welcome to the Apple Users Community.

Without knowing how your PDF was created or which software was used to create the described page/form. I will assume Pages as the creator software.

Option 1 is to open the Pages document, Select All (⌘A) then "Copy" (⌘C). Next move to your Email Client and open a new email, click in the body of the email and "PASTE" (⌘V)

Option 2 Assuming the PDF has been created in software you do not have. Open your PDF in Preview, Select All (⌘A) then "Copy" (⌘C). Next move to your Email Client and open a new email, click in the body of the email and "PASTE" (⌘V)

I hope these options are a solution for your issue but if you do not have success please reach out here again and offer us a little more information so we can best assist you.

Best of luck

Aug 18, 2020 8:58 PM in response to Pete-Progressive-Graphics

Hi Pete,

thanks for your proposal unfortunately Pages/PDF both appears incorrectly and horrible looking after copying to Email Client.

Created as News Letter in Pages first (to easy up setting in Tables) export to PDF, converting to JEPG format, (without URL)

Due to the special creation and effects on Header/Footer, the letter contain left side photos, right side text column with URL links enable viewer to get further information. (aiming to get similar tech view likewise to financial News Letters like 'Investopedia') Maybe they're using special software to made. ?

Nevertheless, I should re-writing by trying to set put photos and tex correctly directly to Email Client,

Any tip available ...?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Aug 20, 2020 3:51 AM in response to Pete-Progressive-Graphics

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your proposals.

To avoid misunderstandings, I'am looking for tools supporting designed NewsLetters (incl URL/Links create in Mac-pages)

ready made for to set up for Email campaign.

Presently using pages content copying it set up in OS-Email, however, a Test send result comes out utterly distorted.

Is there any other way to do it right?

Because haven't mass Mail campaign numbers, so it is not worth hiring pro-campaigners to do it.

Aug 22, 2020 2:28 AM in response to Pete-Progressive-Graphics

Hi Pete,

Thanks to Bob too, yes I’ve learned the lessons after creating the News Letter in Pages then exports to PDF it’s just attachable to Email but that’s what I do in the past by export the NL to JEPG to put this form by 1 or 2 pages in the mail no link URL useable.

I looking for something else like the below link clearly shows, an bloc format placed in the middle of the mail content text that underlined URL LINK including photos on the left side. Who provide this mailing tools?

Thanks for you effort!

https://link.investopedia.com/view/561dce8b18ff4308098b466dcknc4.bbo7/95639a93

Aug 24, 2020 12:31 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

HI Bob,

to avoid further misunderstandings and to make a long story short, I looking for mailing tools that allow us to create inside the tools our newsletter incl photos, text url links etc... (i.g. investopedia.com newsletter)

If you know by chance any mailing tool who's providing such thing I think that's solve the problems in once.

Thanks for your help.

Hi, how to put an open Page or even PDF form to an Email (not as an icon) enable viewers to click the installed web links URL at this Page/PDF form? if converted in JEPG the Links aren't working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.