Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

software update for macbook pro 2014

i can't download the latest catalina version as when i reach the page stating install when i click it doesn't work what should i do?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 5:33 AM

First do this:

Shut down you Mac

Turn it on and hold Shift key to get to Safe Mode - wait for it to boot, takes a few minutos to complete

Restart normally and check if your store is back as it should be.

Safe Mode does some maintenance on macOS itself, it can fix some problems just by booting into it. Yesterday I gave this tip to a guy in other forum and it solved his problem with updates in the Mac App Store.

If that doesn't work, get the Catalina patcher from Dosdude and use it to download the installer. It downloads it straight from Apple servers.

After download, place the installer in the Aplications folder and use this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372 to create a bootable drive and make a fresh install of macOS. That'll be the best thing for your computer.

Backup your data and then copy back to your fresh install by Command C Command V. Hard work, but very good for macOS and for your peace of mind 😄

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 5:33 AM in response to tonine245

First do this:

Shut down you Mac

Turn it on and hold Shift key to get to Safe Mode - wait for it to boot, takes a few minutos to complete

Restart normally and check if your store is back as it should be.

Safe Mode does some maintenance on macOS itself, it can fix some problems just by booting into it. Yesterday I gave this tip to a guy in other forum and it solved his problem with updates in the Mac App Store.

If that doesn't work, get the Catalina patcher from Dosdude and use it to download the installer. It downloads it straight from Apple servers.

After download, place the installer in the Aplications folder and use this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372 to create a bootable drive and make a fresh install of macOS. That'll be the best thing for your computer.

Backup your data and then copy back to your fresh install by Command C Command V. Hard work, but very good for macOS and for your peace of mind 😄

software update for macbook pro 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.