Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook pro mid 2012 is not showing software update option and i want to updae my mac os yosomite to mac os catalina tell me how

software update option is not showing on my macbook pro mid 2012 how to download and install mac os catalina

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on May 20, 2021 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 1:17 PM

A mid-2012 through early-2013 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7. See: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

6 replies

May 22, 2021 8:00 AM in response to umair282

If the error message says some file is damaged, that only means the installer found an older and now out-of-date version of itself in your Applications folder. Gotto your Applications folder and delate the old version, then empty the Trash.

Also, there are mnay reports of FireFox struggling with macOS system upgrade files. Use Saari for any downloads of maOS upgrades.

my macbook pro mid 2012 is not showing software update option and i want to updae my mac os yosomite to mac os catalina tell me how

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.