Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem reinstalling Mac OS

Hello!

I have a MacBook Pro of 2006, that had Mac OS 10.7.5 installed on it, OS X Lion (10.7.5 was the last version for this laptop). For a lot of problems, I needed to format it.

The problem is that, when going for installing the Operating System, it says “This article is at the moment not available”.

I have read online that login with an old Apple ID should work, but for me it doesn’t work.

BUT I have a iMac of 2012 (Upgraded to the latest OS, Catalina if I recall correctly). Can I use this to reinstall the MacOS on this old PC? If yes, how do I do it?

PLEASE, do NOT post some guides that only works for newer versions, because I need a guide that works with this very old version, please!

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 7:15 AM

The USB you are using must be formatted in EXACTLY the same way as your HD, usually Mac OS Extended (Journaled) but you must also make sure it is partitioned correctly at that time too and if I'm not mistaken it should be GUID Partition.

Hope this helps

3 replies

Problem reinstalling Mac OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.