Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to off the Apple TV device and return to regular TV viewing?

Is there a way to turn off the Apple TV device and return to regular TV viewing?

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 11:03 PM

If you mean return to input from cable tv (non-internet streaming), then just change the input for the TV using the TV remote. If the Apple TV box is idle (not actively streaming, e.g. just having the Home Screen on), then it will go to standby (sleep) in a few minutes.

Or, if your TV provider is supported, add their app to Apple TV as well.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 11:03 PM in response to Slohand1

If you mean return to input from cable tv (non-internet streaming), then just change the input for the TV using the TV remote. If the Apple TV box is idle (not actively streaming, e.g. just having the Home Screen on), then it will go to standby (sleep) in a few minutes.

Or, if your TV provider is supported, add their app to Apple TV as well.

Aug 18, 2020 11:49 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Urquhurt1244:

Thank you very much for prompt response to my question, it was greatly appreciated; however, I going to return the unit because it presents too much of a problem to view programs, i.e. changing the input every time just to watch regular TV. Then most importantly, the device does not have an on/off button which had I known that from the onset-I would not have ordered it.

Best Regards,

Slohand1

Is there a way to off the Apple TV device and return to regular TV viewing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.