Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook won't turn on

Hi, last night my macbook just didn't turn on. I clicked the power button and I could hear the start-up chime, but other than that there were no signs of it turning on (no fans whirring, the screen was completely black) I had charged the mac for a few hours before I tried turning it on so I doubt it's because it's out of battery. I also tried every single reset method I found on google, but pressing any combinations of buttons didn't work. I'm not sure if I can go to a repair service or something like that due to covid, but everything I need for online school is on this laptop so it's kinda urgent. Any ideas on what to do with it?

In the case that this is the end for my macbook, is there a way to somehow recover my files from it without needing to turn it on? Sorry if that's a bit of a dumb question, I don't really know much about this stuff. There's schoolwork and projects in my laptop that I haven't backed up yet and it would really suck if I lost that progress.

MacBook

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 4:28 AM

If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support

3 replies

My macbook won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.