Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot edit videos on my mac

I can do quick video edits on my iPad but can only trim videos on my Mac (MacBook Pro Early 2015 - Version 10.15.6). I know I can use iMovie but I would think I could do quick video edits on my Mac.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 6:10 AM

This is not yet possible, sorry. Currently the Photos.app on the iPhone or iPad with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 have better video editing tools than Photos on the Mac.

I am simply doing the video editing in my iPhone and sync the adjustments to the Mac with iCloud Photos.

The better video editing tools will come the Mac in the fall, when macOS 11 Big Sur will be released, see: macOS Big Sur Preview - Features - Apple

Expanded video editing capabilities
Adjustments, filters, and cropping are now supported for video editing so you can rotate, increase exposure, or even apply filters to your videos

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 6:10 AM in response to hughfromgreensboro

This is not yet possible, sorry. Currently the Photos.app on the iPhone or iPad with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 have better video editing tools than Photos on the Mac.

I am simply doing the video editing in my iPhone and sync the adjustments to the Mac with iCloud Photos.

The better video editing tools will come the Mac in the fall, when macOS 11 Big Sur will be released, see: macOS Big Sur Preview - Features - Apple

Expanded video editing capabilities
Adjustments, filters, and cropping are now supported for video editing so you can rotate, increase exposure, or even apply filters to your videos

I cannot edit videos on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.