Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini won't recognize my 4K monitor in HDMI port

I just got a 2020 Mac Mini, I have two Samsung 4K UR55 monitors. The first couple weeks I had my Mac the monitors were working fine. I was using the built in HDMI port for one Monitor and an HDMI to USB-C adapter for the other monitor. But now when I try and connect the monitors to the HDMI port the Mac will not recognize the display. I've tried changing the HDMI cable and I've tried both monitors in the port. Both monitors work in the USB-C adapter so it's definitely an issue with the HDMI port. I've checked other TVs and the HDMI port works fine on other monitors, its only these two Samsung 4K monitors it wont connect to. I've tried resetting NVRAM and SMC. I've tried the "Detect Displays" setting in Preferences. I cannot find a solution. Any ideas?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 8:23 AM

HDMI is problematic. Your best bet, is to put both displays on the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports. Just make sure and stagger then on BUS 0 and Bus 1 as per > Connect multiple displays to your Mac mini (2018) - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Mac Mini won't recognize my 4K monitor in HDMI port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.