Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification language

Hello,

My problem is that message notifications appear in Russian when phone is locked, but I have all language settings in US english.

I hope someone has solution for me :)

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 2:07 PM

Follow the steps in the following order if issue persists. As you have made sure your language is English US, we can skip that.

1. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  2. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (FOR STEP 3)
  3. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Use this to reinstall IOS with iTunes. This will be unlikely to delete data but the backup is important just in case.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 2:07 PM in response to kvach

Follow the steps in the following order if issue persists. As you have made sure your language is English US, we can skip that.

1. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  2. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (FOR STEP 3)
  3. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Use this to reinstall IOS with iTunes. This will be unlikely to delete data but the backup is important just in case.

Notification language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.