Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apply TV App Not Working in U.S

Whenever I go to view/download a movie that I want to watch on the Apple TV app on my iPhone 8, it says "Content Not Available: This video isn't available to watch in the country or region you're currently in." BUT, it works when I try to watch it on my MacBook Pro, with the same account, in the same place. Please help!

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 9:40 AM

The Apple TV app accessed content based on the region of the Apple ID account, which is based on your billing address. If somehow there is a region mismatch between what the app ‘thinks’ and what the account ‘thinks’, then you may get locked out for that content.

To solve the mismatch, sign out of the Apple ID account for the iTunes Store & App Store, then sign in again. That should get them aligned again.

You are not allowed to access other region stores (other than browsing). Your access to the iTunes Store is intended for “your home country” only, per the Apple/​iTunes terms and conditions.

If someone shared a link with you for out-of-region content, then that may have prompted your phone to see if it is available in another region Store, even though you can’t get it there. That may have caused a mismatch for the iTunes Store and the Apple ID account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 9:40 AM in response to Jay-Jay10

The Apple TV app accessed content based on the region of the Apple ID account, which is based on your billing address. If somehow there is a region mismatch between what the app ‘thinks’ and what the account ‘thinks’, then you may get locked out for that content.

To solve the mismatch, sign out of the Apple ID account for the iTunes Store & App Store, then sign in again. That should get them aligned again.

You are not allowed to access other region stores (other than browsing). Your access to the iTunes Store is intended for “your home country” only, per the Apple/​iTunes terms and conditions.

If someone shared a link with you for out-of-region content, then that may have prompted your phone to see if it is available in another region Store, even though you can’t get it there. That may have caused a mismatch for the iTunes Store and the Apple ID account.

Apply TV App Not Working in U.S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.