Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 Macbook Pro running extremely slow

I know my computer is very old, but I need any help I can get to help speed it up at all. It's a 2011 running High Sierra 10.13.1. I did the EtreCheck and I'm posting the report. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 5:29 PM

The report mentions a failing hard drive which is not unexpected for an original Apple hard drive of this age and is the source of the poor performance. Replacing the hard drive with an SSD would greatly improve performance, but 4GB of RAM will still be a limiting factor. Make sure to have a good backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 5:29 PM in response to hornbergers

The report mentions a failing hard drive which is not unexpected for an original Apple hard drive of this age and is the source of the poor performance. Replacing the hard drive with an SSD would greatly improve performance, but 4GB of RAM will still be a limiting factor. Make sure to have a good backup.

2011 Macbook Pro running extremely slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.