Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock Help

Hello, I’ve come into possession of an iPad Pro 2nd Gen through my job. I work at a hotel and as policy if a guest does not pay rent their things inside the room are taken into storage and are saved for 30 days, if they do not pay the fees, their things are up for grabs by staff. This is how I got the iPad and was wondering if there was a way to unlock it since it’s already bound to an Apple ID. Can I take it to an Apple Store or can I unlock it at home?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 6:52 PM

You have encountered Activation Lock a theft prevention feature. Without the Apple ID and Password of the original owner, you will never be able to use the device. Check these links...

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

The device can be recycled at any Apple Store.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 6:52 PM in response to andreaschuh

You have encountered Activation Lock a theft prevention feature. Without the Apple ID and Password of the original owner, you will never be able to use the device. Check these links...

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

The device can be recycled at any Apple Store.

Aug 20, 2020 7:36 AM in response to andreaschuh

Here are the Apple support pages that outline the Activation Lock - and the only mechanisms by which it can be turned off:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201441

As you will discover, unless you are the owner of the AppleID that was last used to activate the device, or unless you can secure the cooperation of the previous owner, you’ll not be able to defeat or bypass the Activation Lock. Without documentary evidence that you are the original owner (such as sales receipt showing the serial number), Apple won’t assist - and nobody here will be able to help you.

Sorry - but you’re short of options.

Unlock Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.