Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad lockout

I have a old iPad. Was bought by employer to use in the field as to cut down on paperwork. Anyhow. It was completely stripped of anything useful outside of submitting work orders and a safety document. That’s it. Nothing else. The camera could be used to attach to the safety document.

Company has been bought out and changed hands at least 3 times since the purchase. Absolutely nobody used the things anyway, my question is,

Can anything be done to “unlock” it? I’m assuming it’s trash because the appleID set up by the long gone administrator is who knows where.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 7:30 AM

As described, if the iPad has been restricted in its capabilities, it is centrally managed. Devices that are configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device.  If the Administrator cannot be identified, there’s nothing that you can do.

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 7:30 AM in response to People3qualsht

As described, if the iPad has been restricted in its capabilities, it is centrally managed. Devices that are configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device.  If the Administrator cannot be identified, there’s nothing that you can do.

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

iPad lockout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.