Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get movies on Apple TV app on Samsung tv

Hey all! I’m trying to get my Library of movie and shows on my Samsung smart tv through the Apple TV app. I’ve logged in with my username but the library is empty! How do I load all of my movie into my tv?

UNU7090,

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 7:21 AM

Try restarting the router, optional other network gear, and the TV. Not sleep/wake, but really off power.

Use regular ISP-provided DNS servers on your router, and have your devices use the DNS as indicated by the router (“Automatic”).

On the TV: Check for updates for the Apple TV app. Check for updates for the smart TV OS and/or TV firmware.

Verify your time and date and time zone on the TV. Software relies on reasonably accurate time for secure connections (TLS and the like). Getting your library will require a secure connection.

Contact Apple Support if you need additional help with accessing your library.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 7:21 AM in response to Katyhall21

Try restarting the router, optional other network gear, and the TV. Not sleep/wake, but really off power.

Use regular ISP-provided DNS servers on your router, and have your devices use the DNS as indicated by the router (“Automatic”).

On the TV: Check for updates for the Apple TV app. Check for updates for the smart TV OS and/or TV firmware.

Verify your time and date and time zone on the TV. Software relies on reasonably accurate time for secure connections (TLS and the like). Getting your library will require a secure connection.

Contact Apple Support if you need additional help with accessing your library.

Aug 20, 2020 12:43 AM in response to Katyhall21

The Apple TV app on smart TVs can be used to access iTunes Store movies and TV shows for the matching Apple ID account. The Apple TV app on smart TVs can not be used for Apple Home Sharing (access media files from a local networked computer). You will need an Apple TV set-top box for Apple Home Sharing.

If you meant iTunes Store movies and TV shows, then you may have connectivity issues, whereby certain settings or conditions prevent access to Apple servers, and/or retrieving your library items.

Get movies on Apple TV app on Samsung tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.