Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rode Wireless Go and MacBook Air 2013 - can a usb adapter help ?

Hi,

I have an old macbook air 2013 and I just bought a Rode wireless GO microphone and a TRS/TRS to TRRS splitter.

I understand from this very helpful answer that I have to trick the mac with either a wired microphone or a TRRS Extension. (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251222122?answerId=252610421022#252610421022)

Since I have none of these two, before buying the extension, I was wondering if anyone tried a USB converter (like this one : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01N905VOY/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=AXZ3JQ1GVFPIF&psc=1 )

Because if it works then it's an easier solution. But the question is, do I still have to use the same tricks as above or will it work directly this time with the wireless Go mic ?

Cheers and thanks in advaance for your answers,

Chani

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 11:00 AM

Just to add that I bought the TRRS extension (happened to find one in my local store) and it works !

First plug in the handsfree set in the TRRS extension, then plug the combo in the mac, check if external mic is recognized.

Then unplug the handsfree set and replace it with the splitter + Go Mic combo. Ta da !

Thanks to FractalOctopus for the trick.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 11:00 AM in response to MadChani

Just to add that I bought the TRRS extension (happened to find one in my local store) and it works !

First plug in the handsfree set in the TRRS extension, then plug the combo in the mac, check if external mic is recognized.

Then unplug the handsfree set and replace it with the splitter + Go Mic combo. Ta da !

Thanks to FractalOctopus for the trick.

Rode Wireless Go and MacBook Air 2013 - can a usb adapter help ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.