Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Shure BLX14/CVL wireless lavalier mic to Macbook Pro 16 2019

I am experiencing a challenge getting my MacBook Pro 16 (2019) to recognize the input signal from a Shure BLX14/CVL lavalier mic. I was able to get this same MacBook Pro to recognize the RodeLink Filmmaker Kit 2 with no problem, but no success with the Shure system at all. Can anyone suggest anything that may help?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 9:07 PM

Hi Melissa. Thank you so much for taking time to send a response to the question originally asked. The problem that we were having was getting the 3.5mm TRRS male plug going into the Mac to be recognized as a microphone and not as a headphone. No combination of cables, adapters, or anything that we tried was successful in getting the Shure BLX14/CVL to work with the MacBook Pro 16 (2019).

I ended up speaking with the tech-support folks at Shure and they suggested an additional digital interface device called Mvi.

I suspect that might have worked, except for the fact that we were not looking to add additional pieces of equipment to the mix in order to use a wireless lavalier mic with the MacBook Pro.

We have solved this dilemma by switching to a different brand of lavalier mic altogether that connected to the MacBook Pro without any issues.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2021 9:07 PM in response to melissa_m77

Hi Melissa. Thank you so much for taking time to send a response to the question originally asked. The problem that we were having was getting the 3.5mm TRRS male plug going into the Mac to be recognized as a microphone and not as a headphone. No combination of cables, adapters, or anything that we tried was successful in getting the Shure BLX14/CVL to work with the MacBook Pro 16 (2019).

I ended up speaking with the tech-support folks at Shure and they suggested an additional digital interface device called Mvi.

I suspect that might have worked, except for the fact that we were not looking to add additional pieces of equipment to the mix in order to use a wireless lavalier mic with the MacBook Pro.

We have solved this dilemma by switching to a different brand of lavalier mic altogether that connected to the MacBook Pro without any issues.

Apr 12, 2021 10:32 AM in response to cpoole7

Good Afternoon cpoole7,

We see that you're looking for assistance with connecting a microphone, and we'd like to see how we can help with this.

We'd recommend checking out the following resource to see if this helps with what you're experiencing:

Set up a Bluetooth audio device to work with Mac

If not, could you provide us with more details on what occurs when you're trying to set up the microphone?

If you get an error message, let us know what it states.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

Connecting Shure BLX14/CVL wireless lavalier mic to Macbook Pro 16 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.