Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock devise iphone 6s

I have recently sold my iphone 6s and thought it was open to all networks. I have just been contacted by the buyer stating:

They tried 2 different SIM cards and its saying no service it says to request iPhone to be unlocked to contact Apple?

Can anyone help please?

Many Thanks

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 5:49 AM

Please refer to this link

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

good luck!

4 replies

Aug 20, 2020 6:51 AM in response to KDeeks12

What exactly is the message? If it is "SIM Not Supported," then your phone is carrier locked. However, if as you say the message is "No Service," then the problem is an incompatibility between the user's SIM card and the iPhone, and not a SIM lock problem. This can happen in any of a number of ways.

The most likely cause is that your phone's new owner is trying to upgrade from an old 2.5G cell phone to the iPhone 6s' 4G/LTE capability. The SIM issued for his 2.5G cell phone does not know how to communicate using 4G, so it won't get any service. In this case, the new owner will have to get a new SIM card from his carrier, and will need to inform the carrier that he intends to use an iPhone for the service.

Another likely cause is that the new owner's old phone is an Android phone. Here too, many networks support iOS and Android devices differently, so you cannot simply swap SIM cards from one to another. This too requires a new SIM that is compatible with iPhone.

The bottom line is that your iPhone 6s is most likely SIM-free.

Unlock devise iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.