Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

zoom screen sharing

When I share my ipad screen during a zoom meeting I have a problem most of the time. It says "airplay unable to connect to zoom". I am a math teacher tutoring online and when this happens during tutoring I have very difficult times.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 12:36 PM

My ipad was working until I updated to 14 on Sept 20th and now I can't screen share my ipad during a zoom meeting because it now goes to apple tv instead of airplay. I can't figure out how to get it back to airplay.

What I did in zoom: Was to screen share my ipad and I also teach math. I used notability to write my notes or solve problems for the students.

If you find out how to resolve this matter let me know

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2020 12:36 PM in response to bety40

My ipad was working until I updated to 14 on Sept 20th and now I can't screen share my ipad during a zoom meeting because it now goes to apple tv instead of airplay. I can't figure out how to get it back to airplay.

What I did in zoom: Was to screen share my ipad and I also teach math. I used notability to write my notes or solve problems for the students.

If you find out how to resolve this matter let me know

Aug 20, 2020 3:43 PM in response to bety40

It sounds like you’re using AirPlay for something it was never intended to do. I’m guessing you’re trying to set up a Zoom webinar. Zoom has the facilities for that, not AirPlay.

If you want more insight, carefully and precisely describe your scenario. Are students at remote locations? What are you sharing - your iPad screen to these remote students?

Sep 24, 2020 10:34 AM in response to etaylor83

I solved it finally:) Since I am not using a Mac but a PC together with my ipad, it is not possible to obtain a screen share via Zoom by using a cable. What I did is that I connected my PC to an ethernet cable, so I have a more stable internet connection. I tried this after realizing that download-upload speeds were not enough at times.

In short, try using a wired internet connection.

zoom screen sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.