Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorting albums chronologically in Music App

Hi. I was wondering if there was a way to sort your albums chronologically (say by year made) in your artists list. If I have more than say two albums of one artist, I cannot have them listed in a yearly order.

Anyone have an idea if this is possible? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 6:22 AM

Hello Mark Oshea,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand you are looking for a way to organize your music within iTunes by sorting the music by the year it was made. We are happy to provide some guidance.

The options to sort your music would be in the View menu while navigating your music library. You would choose View > Sort By. One of the options that are listed should say "Year". The options displayed there would be the ways you can sort your music.

If you'd like to see more options there for sorting, you can leave us some feedback by visiting this link:

Product Feedback

Best Regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 6:22 AM in response to Mark Oshea

Hello Mark Oshea,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand you are looking for a way to organize your music within iTunes by sorting the music by the year it was made. We are happy to provide some guidance.

The options to sort your music would be in the View menu while navigating your music library. You would choose View > Sort By. One of the options that are listed should say "Year". The options displayed there would be the ways you can sort your music.

If you'd like to see more options there for sorting, you can leave us some feedback by visiting this link:

Product Feedback

Best Regards.

Sorting albums chronologically in Music App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.