Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I arrange a Genius Bar appointment near me?

How do I arrange a Genius Bar appointment near me? I want to reset my old MacBook Pro 13 inch from 2010 so I can give it away.

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 11:26 AM

Normally to arrange a Genius Bar appointment you will need to go to Contact Support and follow the steps to troubleshoot your issue, here you can make an appointment at a local store if one is open near you.

You shouldn't need an appointment for this issue, you should be able to reset your Mac so you can give it away following the steps below, also well done for sharing Apple Products with someone else, giving away a product is a very kind gesture - Have a great day!

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Mac – Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 11:26 AM in response to pamiek

Normally to arrange a Genius Bar appointment you will need to go to Contact Support and follow the steps to troubleshoot your issue, here you can make an appointment at a local store if one is open near you.

You shouldn't need an appointment for this issue, you should be able to reset your Mac so you can give it away following the steps below, also well done for sharing Apple Products with someone else, giving away a product is a very kind gesture - Have a great day!

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Mac – Apple Support

Aug 20, 2020 11:52 AM in response to pamiek

pamiek wrote:

How do I arrange a Genius Bar appointment near me? I want to reset my old MacBook Pro 13 inch from 2010 so I can give it away.

easiest to do from the app:

From iOS device using the app to make a online Genius Bar appointment is easy:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044?mt=8

You can also Trade it in:

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in

either way: What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Mac – Apple Support

How do I arrange a Genius Bar appointment near me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.