Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello! I would like to know how to copy a text message I sent to someone! I have

Hello,,,,,I would like to know how to copy a text message that I sent to someone into an email. Can that be done???

Thank you very much!

cathy

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 12:50 PM

Dear cathy,

If I understand you correctly, yes that can be done.

1. Goto the Messages app and open up the conversation in which you have the message that you want to copy.
  2. Long press (tap and keep holding without lifting your finger) on the specific message until you get a popup saying Copy
  3. Press Copy
  4. Open up your email app
  5. Compose the email, wherein you can Paste the message you've copied (step 3).
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 12:50 PM in response to 8__4567yes

Dear cathy,

If I understand you correctly, yes that can be done.

1. Goto the Messages app and open up the conversation in which you have the message that you want to copy.
  2. Long press (tap and keep holding without lifting your finger) on the specific message until you get a popup saying Copy
  3. Press Copy
  4. Open up your email app
  5. Compose the email, wherein you can Paste the message you've copied (step 3).

Sep 19, 2020 3:18 PM in response to Kotep_

Yes, you are correct! I'm afraid that's all I have found with copying and pasting!

You can also try taking a screenshot!

There are apps which help you stitch the photos together to make it a longer photo ... (one such app is called Tailor)

Of course, this will not solve your issue with 300 messages but it's something!

There are perhaps computer apps which allow one to decrypt/view iPhone backups. These apps may allow you to view and copy messages with timestamps onto the computer. You can try your luck with these ... ask your legal team for assistance (they may know a way).

I would also ask your carrier company if these are text messages. They may store a copy other servers.

Sep 19, 2020 2:32 PM in response to Kotep_

While there is no way (by design) to forward an entire conversation thread in Messages, you may, to some extent, find this workaround helpful.

2. Long press (tap and keep holding without lifting your finger) on the specific message until you get a popup saying More...
  3. Press More. You will then see the entire conversation thread open up with a way to select individual chats/messages. Select the messages you would like to copy. (I do not have a 300 message conversation to check, but you can try select as many as you want...)
  4. At the bottom right, you will see a Forward arrow icon. Press this icon
  5. Another (new) message window will launch in which will be pasted all the selected conversation from step 3. Select all and copy this conversation
  6. Open up your email app
  7. Compose the email, wherein you can Paste the conversation

In my experiment, I found one can copy photos and emoticons too but not Memojis.

Hello! I would like to know how to copy a text message I sent to someone! I have

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.