Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How can I get a copy of messages on one of my phone line on my account

I want a copy of text messages off one line on my account. How can I get them ?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 5:37 AM

You may have to contact your carrier for the SIM/eSIM that you use on your device. Apple Inc does not provide SMS (text) services.

Reach out to your mobile carrier's customer service. You can usually find their contact information on their website or on your monthly bill.

Clearly state that you're requesting copies of text messages for a specific phone line on your account. They might have different procedures and fees associated with obtaining records, so ask them for details. Keep in mind that there might be legal regulations regarding the retrieval of text message records. In some places, accessing someone else's messages without their permission might be illegal. Make sure you're aware of the legal implications before proceeding.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2023 5:37 AM in response to allenannette

You may have to contact your carrier for the SIM/eSIM that you use on your device. Apple Inc does not provide SMS (text) services.

Reach out to your mobile carrier's customer service. You can usually find their contact information on their website or on your monthly bill.

Clearly state that you're requesting copies of text messages for a specific phone line on your account. They might have different procedures and fees associated with obtaining records, so ask them for details. Keep in mind that there might be legal regulations regarding the retrieval of text message records. In some places, accessing someone else's messages without their permission might be illegal. Make sure you're aware of the legal implications before proceeding.

How can I get a copy of messages on one of my phone line on my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.