Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sim card for iphone 6s

I have just been given an old iphone 6s. My old phone is a iphone 4 with a small sim card. Can I just move it over to my new phone?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 5:30 PM

No iPhone 4 Uses Micro-Sim card, and iPhone 6s uses a smaller Nano-SIM card

Source:

Learn which size SIM card your iPhone or iPad uses - Apple Support

Call your carrier and arrange to get a Nano-sim card.

then follow:

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Good luck!

4 replies

Aug 20, 2020 5:25 PM in response to typekey

Yes. But you need to make sure your new phone is unlocked onto any carrier in order for it to work, if it isn't unlocked you'll need to contact the carrier who locked the phone.

Example)

Your iPhone 4 has a Verizon sim-card but your friend is on AT&T and his phone is locked to that network, you must contact AT&T (This is just an example to try and help you understand, I'm not saying the phone is locked to AT&T)

Aug 20, 2020 5:42 PM in response to Ijustwanttolookattheforums

Ijustwanttolookattheforums wrote:

Yes. But you need to make sure your new phone is unlocked onto any carrier in order for it to work, if it isn't unlocked you'll need to contact the carrier who locked the phone.

No, the iPhone 4 SIM is too large, as ckuan notes.

Example)
Your iPhone 4 has a Verizon sim-card but your friend is on AT&T and his phone is locked to that network, you must contact AT&T (This is just an example to try and help you understand, I'm not saying the phone is locked to AT&T)

The Verizon iPhone 4 was CDMA only and didn't have a physical SIM slot at all.

sim card for iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.