Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a game on an iPad a few years ago and when I try to redownload the same game it tells me that I have to buy it.

I was wondering if there was anyway I could get this game again on an iPhone

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 5:28 PM

Are you using the same Apple ID?

If you have changed Apple ID since you bought the game, it will mean you will have to download the app again.

OR - Are you sure this isn't a new and updated version of the same app? It is common for apps to release a new app which might have a cost again after a specific period of time.

If you are using the same Apple ID go into

App Store > Search > Click your Apple ID photo in the top right corner. > Purchased > Search for the App here

Do be aware that if the app is here and is no longer in the App Store, it will no longer be supported so it might become laggy and unusable on future version of iOS and it won't be updated.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 5:28 PM in response to Bmac0477

Are you using the same Apple ID?

If you have changed Apple ID since you bought the game, it will mean you will have to download the app again.

OR - Are you sure this isn't a new and updated version of the same app? It is common for apps to release a new app which might have a cost again after a specific period of time.

If you are using the same Apple ID go into

App Store > Search > Click your Apple ID photo in the top right corner. > Purchased > Search for the App here

Do be aware that if the app is here and is no longer in the App Store, it will no longer be supported so it might become laggy and unusable on future version of iOS and it won't be updated.

I purchased a game on an iPad a few years ago and when I try to redownload the same game it tells me that I have to buy it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.