Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased a laptop case but it's damaged?

Hi all, I purchased a tech21 clear case for my MacBook Pro 16” today. However, I just unpackaged it at home and realized the top piece is damaged - it is both scratched and has a crack in it despite being brand new and unused. It seems like Apple support is over for the day as they suggest I call a phone number which closes at 8pm. What should I do and is it likely that Apple will do something about the situation? I know that a laptop case would get scratched eventually but it's a little upsetting that a brand new $89.95 case is scratched... By the way, I am located in Canada. Thanks if anyone has any suggestions! Wondering if it's worth the hassle to call.

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 9:01 PM

Apple doesn't make that product, so you need to contact the product's manufacturer.

FYI: These are user-only communities. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech supportContacting Apple for support and service includes international calling numbers.

The Apple Support Communities only provides help for users of Apple products. Apple does not read theae forums. If you wish to provide feedback to Apple, then go to Apple Feedback. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 9:01 PM in response to jocelyn299

Apple doesn't make that product, so you need to contact the product's manufacturer.

FYI: These are user-only communities. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech supportContacting Apple for support and service includes international calling numbers.

The Apple Support Communities only provides help for users of Apple products. Apple does not read theae forums. If you wish to provide feedback to Apple, then go to Apple Feedback. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Purchased a laptop case but it's damaged?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.