Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch not connecting to iPhone 11 Pro

Morning!

I’m trying to connect my Apple Watch to my iPhone however during the set up process it states that I need to update the software on my phone before I can update the software on my watch.

I updated my software yesterday, now on 13.6.1 however during the set up process it’s still saying I need to update the software on my iPhone. I’m at a loss what to do now.

Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 12:20 AM

If the watchOS is 5 or lower you may be running into a known issue with iOS 13.

Watches with watchOS 5 or lower won’t pair to iPhone with iOS 13 -

The work around is to pair the watch to a phone still running iOS 12. While paired to iOS 12, you should be able to update the watch to the latest version of watchOS. After the update, unpair the watch and you should then be able to pair it to a phone running iOS 13.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 12:20 AM in response to leannamcp

If the watchOS is 5 or lower you may be running into a known issue with iOS 13.

Watches with watchOS 5 or lower won’t pair to iPhone with iOS 13 -

The work around is to pair the watch to a phone still running iOS 12. While paired to iOS 12, you should be able to update the watch to the latest version of watchOS. After the update, unpair the watch and you should then be able to pair it to a phone running iOS 13.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Aug 21, 2020 2:48 PM in response to leannamcp

Greetings leannamcp,

We understand that you are having some difficulty pairing your Apple Watch to your iPhone, and we'd like to help.

To begin, have you restarted your Apple Watch along with your iPhone since this issue began?

How to restart your Apple Watch

Restart your iPhone

Have you ever used beta software on your Apple Watch previously? Are Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled on your iPhone currently? We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers.

Aug 22, 2020 12:08 AM in response to leannamcp

What version of watchOS is on the Watch?

Is it stating the phone's OS needs to be updated or is it stating the watch's OS needs to be updated?

Aug 22, 2020 12:14 AM in response to Dah•veed

Hello

not sure which version is on the watch, how do I tell when it’s unpaired?

so when pairing the phone states that the watch needs an update. While checking for updates it states that my phone needs to be updated first. It checks for an update then states that it’s up to date. (Currently has iOS 13.6.1)

if I go back to trying to pair it states the same thing.

thanks

Apple Watch not connecting to iPhone 11 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.