Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AppleTv is connected to iTunes but can’t connect iCloud.

When I enter password, I get a verification code (on my iPad) but I can’t enter it on TV where it says wrong user or password - they ARE correct.

so it’s a dead end road... 🙁

any ideas?

AdvTHANKSance

Chris

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 1:35 AM

This applies to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation):

The procedure of entering the password and verification code together in the password field can be confusing. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 1:35 AM in response to cwel68

This applies to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation):

The procedure of entering the password and verification code together in the password field can be confusing. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit.

My AppleTv is connected to iTunes but can’t connect iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.