Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone11 will not lock

Hi, I have a 5 week old iPhone 11 Pro and it has stopped locking. If I press the side button the screen turns off but when I wake the screen up by touching it, the phone is already unlocked even before doing ‘slide up’. Same if I leave it to ‘autolock’. The screen turns off but doesn’t lock. I have tried hard re-start, changed passcode, auto lock is set to 30 seconds. My husband has the exact same phone running the same IOS (I’m on 13.6) and we have compared settings - all our settings are the same and he doesn’t have the problem so I’m thinking this is a software/hardware glitch.

Anyone come across this?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 1:34 PM

The phone sees your face and unlocks when you look at it. It’s not that it didn’t lock, rather it unlocked when it sees you. To test this hand the phone to someone else and ask them to lock it. Do this while you can’t see the screen, so the phone doesn’t “see” you.

5 replies

iPhone11 will not lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.