Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to setup payment method to access family sharing on Apple Music?

Do I need to setup payment method to access family sharing on Apple Music? I already have subscribed to Apple Music family plan. Also I have added members to my family. But they cannot use apple music

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 8:14 AM

It's a paid service, so a payment method needs to be set up. Follow these steps to set up Family Sharing on Apple Music. As noted in the link:

One adult in the family—the family organizer—can set up Family Sharing for the group from their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. If you turn on purchase sharing, you'll be asked to confirm that you agree to pay for purchases initiated by the family members you invite and that you have a valid payment method on file. Valid payment methods for setting up Family Sharing include credit cards and debit cards.* 

Good luck & happy streaming!

-- JDee

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 8:14 AM in response to Najaah.M

It's a paid service, so a payment method needs to be set up. Follow these steps to set up Family Sharing on Apple Music. As noted in the link:

One adult in the family—the family organizer—can set up Family Sharing for the group from their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. If you turn on purchase sharing, you'll be asked to confirm that you agree to pay for purchases initiated by the family members you invite and that you have a valid payment method on file. Valid payment methods for setting up Family Sharing include credit cards and debit cards.* 

Good luck & happy streaming!

-- JDee

Do I need to setup payment method to access family sharing on Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.