Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing books to iPad

I had books on my iPad and when i went to sync some new books from my iMac to my iPad all the books that were on my iPad disappeared.

Can I do anything to stop this happening again

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 5:22 AM

Anytime that you sync with iTunes, you have to include everything that you want to transfer to your device with each subsequent sync, otherwise, what was on the device will be removed,

From what I can remember the page will be saved, but you can use the bookmark tool to mark the page that you were on. Just tap this icon to save your page.

Then if you close the book, tap on the book tab to go back to that page.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 5:22 AM in response to ianmac61

Anytime that you sync with iTunes, you have to include everything that you want to transfer to your device with each subsequent sync, otherwise, what was on the device will be removed,

From what I can remember the page will be saved, but you can use the bookmark tool to mark the page that you were on. Just tap this icon to save your page.

Then if you close the book, tap on the book tab to go back to that page.

Aug 21, 2020 8:44 AM in response to ianmac61

We’re the old books selected to sync as well? If you only selected the new books and the old books were no longer selected to sync, the subsequent sync will remove them.

They should have been already selected if they were synced in the past, but it wouldn’t hurt to check again and make sure they are selected to sync.

Syncing books to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.