Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Large Green Line in iPhone XS Max 256 gB

Hello all,

I understand this to be a hardware issue with the flex-cable. I've had this phone almost 21 months without any issues, and this large line appears one day. It's very bright and I believe it is drawing from my battery life. I tried to bring it in for Apple repair and they said, because I do not have Apple Care, they will not replace the phone. When I asked about the repair price, they said they will not repair it because they cannot guarantee the fix. My face-ID has stopped working at the same time as well. Although it costs 300+ to fix the screen, they refused to fix it because my FaceID came up as a fault during their diagnostic as well. The representative stated that if I had AppleCare it would be free to get a replacement phone but, since I do not have AppleCare, I would need to pay 600+ for a new iPhone Xs Max 256 gB at which I cannot buy AppleCare for since it is a replacement phone.

I paid over 1500 for this phone and was not expecting for it to have a hardware issue in less than 2 years of ownership. I take great care of my devices and do not drop them.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I can do? I feel stupid for paying for an expensive phone without buying into the insurance plan, thinking that I would be able to take care of it as I did my iPhone 6s for 4 years.

Any recommendations other than paying 600+ for a new XS max?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 9:08 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Large Green Line in iPhone XS Max 256 gB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.