Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch not counting exercise

Hello,

So far today I've taken a 45 minutes walk, 13 minutes walk and a 6 minutes of mind and body workout, but my exercise ring is only at 30 minutes. It was at 24 minutes with both walks in. There seems to be a bit of a disconnect somewhere. I've tried restarting my phone/watch and I've unpaired and repaired my watch with my phone. They're both connected to Wi-Fi currently and cell data when Wi-Fi isn't available. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do to get my exercise ring to equal 50 minutes?

Thanks,

Eti

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 5:03 AM

So when I start tracking my outdoor walk on my Apple Watch it won't count towards my exercise ring all the time? I've never had an issue with this until now.

3 replies

Aug 25, 2020 9:46 AM in response to EtiYeddie

Hi EtiYeddie,

In order to advance the Exercise Ring, the workout intensity does need to meet certain criteria. You mentioned that you never had an issue before. Have you noticed any changes? Take a look under "What else affects your heart rate reading" here for some ideas: Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Have a great day.

Aug 22, 2020 8:04 AM in response to EtiYeddie

Hey EtiYeddie,

We understand the Exercise Ring is counting all walks, etc. We will do our best to assist.

The Exercise ring shows how many minutes of brisk activity you've completed so far. To make sure that you earn Exercise credit during walks, allow the arm with your Apple Watch to swing naturally. For more information, click here: Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

Take care.

Apple Watch not counting exercise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.