Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I protect open tabs in Safari on an iPad

I asked this question before but can’t find it anymore. If I have several tabs open in Safari on my iPad how can I protect them from closing and not being able to find them anymore. The last time I asked I believe I was told to tap and hold the double box in the upper right corner of Safari and make a selection to do this. That selection is not there now. What else can I do?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 9:31 AM

The easy solution is to regularly “save” all your open tabs. This is simple and quick to achieve - simply touch-and-hold the “book” icon to the left of the Safari Address Bar - then select Add Bookmarks for n Tabs (where “n” corresponds with the number of currently open tabs).

A New Folder window will appear - where you can assign a name for the folder in which all of your open tabs will be saved. I suggest including a “date-code” that suits your purposes within the folder name.

This article includes information about this technique - including many other tips for iPadOS13 Safari:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250002077

I hope this guidance and information proves to be helpful in resolving you needs.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 9:31 AM in response to neoflyer

The easy solution is to regularly “save” all your open tabs. This is simple and quick to achieve - simply touch-and-hold the “book” icon to the left of the Safari Address Bar - then select Add Bookmarks for n Tabs (where “n” corresponds with the number of currently open tabs).

A New Folder window will appear - where you can assign a name for the folder in which all of your open tabs will be saved. I suggest including a “date-code” that suits your purposes within the folder name.

This article includes information about this technique - including many other tips for iPadOS13 Safari:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250002077

I hope this guidance and information proves to be helpful in resolving you needs.

How can I protect open tabs in Safari on an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.