Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to the upload button on iCloud for Windows? How do you upload photos now?

I recently noticed that iCloud for Windows no longer has an upload button after the latest update. I assume this was removed due to functional issues possibly? How do we upload photos? Can I just drag them top the iCloud photos folder? Any help with this would be much appreciated. I have included a screenshot.

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 10:19 AM

See the following from Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple Support

(You may want to review that entire document as there were other changes as well.)

If you're using iCloud for Windows 10 or later:

1. Open a File Explorer window.
  2. In the Navigation pane, click on iCloud Photos.
  3. In another window, open the folder where you currently store the photos that you want to add to iCloud Photos.
  4. Select the photos that you want to add.
  5. Drag them into the iCloud Photos folder.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 10:19 AM in response to DeathMetal4741

See the following from Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple Support

(You may want to review that entire document as there were other changes as well.)

If you're using iCloud for Windows 10 or later:

1. Open a File Explorer window.
  2. In the Navigation pane, click on iCloud Photos.
  3. In another window, open the folder where you currently store the photos that you want to add to iCloud Photos.
  4. Select the photos that you want to add.
  5. Drag them into the iCloud Photos folder.

What happened to the upload button on iCloud for Windows? How do you upload photos now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.