Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15" 2018 and Palm Rejection 30% accuracy

From day one, I've noticed that either due to the large track pad OR my large hands, that Palm Rejection does not function as it should. I've attempted to put masking tape on the track pad, particularly on the left hand side, which based on how I type, seems to register palm touch more often. It's frustrating to say the least. I'm considering sticking a wood stick-on veneer over the left part of the track pad in hopes of fixing this.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue? Does Apple need testers with larger hands?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 1:49 PM

Not sure if this is your problem. When I use "Tap to Click" option and I inadvertently touch the trackpad while typing the cursor goes to another location and corrupts my document. There is an app in the app store called "False Tap Stop" that disables taps or clicks in the trackpad while you are typing. Maybe that can help you?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 1:49 PM in response to Sordidloam

Not sure if this is your problem. When I use "Tap to Click" option and I inadvertently touch the trackpad while typing the cursor goes to another location and corrupts my document. There is an app in the app store called "False Tap Stop" that disables taps or clicks in the trackpad while you are typing. Maybe that can help you?

MacBook Pro 15" 2018 and Palm Rejection 30% accuracy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.