Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way to update all apps with one user on iMac?

when I click on App Store and I try to update all apps, I only get the option to update the apps I have on the current user profile I'm logged into. I get a pop up window to enter password for other user to update the rest.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 4:25 PM

6 replies

Aug 23, 2020 8:15 PM in response to alx2020

Nope; all download/purchases are associated with the AppleID used to obtain them. If you need to download apps purchased with another Apple ID, you will need to log out of the current one and log into the one used to obtain those apps. And, purchases cannot be moved to another ID - you can of course, purchase them again with your other ID.

Because of all this, it is best to only use one Apple ID for all purchases.

Aug 23, 2020 8:25 PM in response to babowa

hmm, true. Mainly I just wanted to update all apps on my iMac desktop, its the family computer i figured it would be convenient to do so. Obviously i would only be updating the app on the current device and not having to forward the update to every other device they have the app in. Having to see notification icon in appstore is a little frustrating. I like to keep my computer up to date

p.s. im not trying to freeload there apps i just want to update all apps on the desktop

is there a way to update all apps with one user on iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.