Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud account

I have received about 20 calls in the last 2 hours from all different numbers but all a 408 area code saying my iCloud account has been compromised and not to use an Apple device until I press 1 to speak with someone....I’m assuming it’s a scam but how do I get it to stop?

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 6:10 PM

It is a scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed.

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 6:10 PM in response to Jaugs0712

It is a scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed.

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.