Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t open pdf file on facebook app

How can i open pdf file on facebook app

iPhone 7

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 4:04 PM

Hi Martin,

Issue happened exactly after the iOS 13.7 update. I was/am able to open PDF on Facebook app through PC and iPad but not my iPhone. I uninstalled Facebook app from my iPhone and reinstalled back to no avail.

7 replies

Sep 17, 2020 5:41 PM in response to Hammy141

Apologies my reply was meant for junsungE. Maybe they are right. I had same problem on my iPhone 7 plus and resolved it, after I had posted.

I closed all the open Apps on my phone by double tapping home button and flicking all the open Apps upwards to clear them all. I then pressed volume down key and then volume up key and then immediately held power button down for a long time, which should have resulted in it turning off, but slide button came up to switch it off and I did that.

I turned phone back on, deleted Facebook and then re-installed it. Now it lets me open Word docs or PDF files straight from Facebook. It opens with the ‘send to’ upward arrow on the blank square box and I can choose where to send it as in Email or any other format that I use like messenger, WhatsApp etc.

I can’t open pdf file on facebook app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.