Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tables in Pages 10.1

I'm being driven mad by Pages. Will someone please briefly tell me the difference between table guidelines and table borders in Pages? I simply want to be able to see where my cell borders are while I'm formatting my table, not have actual borders on the table cells. I assumed guidelines should do it, but it doesn't seem to be working because I get nothing. Perhaps because my original table was constructed in a Word document? What I'm looking for is the same thing you get when you click View Gridlines under Layout when working with tables in MS Word. Does it exist? Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 12:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 5:52 AM

I just opened a Word .docx containing a 6 x 7 table. In LibreOffice 7.0, that table had gridlines, but when Pages v10.1 opened the document the gridlines and border were removed from the table. Pages creating extra work again.

With the table selected in Pages, you should have table centric tabs present in the sidebar, and if you start with the Cell tab, you will have a border section where select the following by numeric order:

and this is how my grid/borderless table appeared after the above treatment:

You can fade the gridlines by choosing a lighter shade of gray, or another lighter color, depending on your goal.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 5:52 AM in response to kmhmoskva

I just opened a Word .docx containing a 6 x 7 table. In LibreOffice 7.0, that table had gridlines, but when Pages v10.1 opened the document the gridlines and border were removed from the table. Pages creating extra work again.

With the table selected in Pages, you should have table centric tabs present in the sidebar, and if you start with the Cell tab, you will have a border section where select the following by numeric order:

and this is how my grid/borderless table appeared after the above treatment:

You can fade the gridlines by choosing a lighter shade of gray, or another lighter color, depending on your goal.

Tables in Pages 10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.