Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck iPad Pro 2018

I just bought this iPad Pro 11” and went to initialize it for the first time under my ID. I have an iPad Pro 10.5, 2017.

It is stuck on “Updating iCloud settings” for over 12 hours! This morning I can see the date and battery logo but can’t get it to restart.

I can see this iPad Pro on my 10.5”, also new to me, which updated, from an iPad Pro 9.7 in a half hour.

What can I do to fix this new to me iPad Pro?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 6:53 AM

Hi whosails,

It appears that your iPad is stuck on the battery logo and you can't complete a normal restart. We'd like to assist. As you're unable to complete a normal restart we'd recommend completing a forced restart of your iPad. You can find the steps here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

If you're unable to complete the forced restart, continue with the section "If your device still won't turn on or start up" in the same article. If your iPad starts up as expected after completing the steps, be sure you're connected to Wi-Fi and let us know if the set up completes.

Best!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 6:53 AM in response to whosails

Hi whosails,

It appears that your iPad is stuck on the battery logo and you can't complete a normal restart. We'd like to assist. As you're unable to complete a normal restart we'd recommend completing a forced restart of your iPad. You can find the steps here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

If you're unable to complete the forced restart, continue with the section "If your device still won't turn on or start up" in the same article. If your iPad starts up as expected after completing the steps, be sure you're connected to Wi-Fi and let us know if the set up completes.

Best!

Stuck iPad Pro 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.