Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac retina 5k 27" late 2015 pink tint around the display edge.

my imac display suddenly has a pink tint around the edge. I am panicking since the warranty has been expired and I can't afford to buy a screen replacement. :(

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 1:47 PM

Hi,

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities. We see from your screenshot that you're seeing this pink tint around the sides of your display. We'd like to help.

Does this happen on each screen/app you're using? Does it return after you restart your iMac?

The following resource can help you troubleshoot this issue:

If your Mac display doesn’t look right

Hope that helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 1:47 PM in response to crappykid

Hi,

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities. We see from your screenshot that you're seeing this pink tint around the sides of your display. We'd like to help.

Does this happen on each screen/app you're using? Does it return after you restart your iMac?

The following resource can help you troubleshoot this issue:

If your Mac display doesn’t look right

Hope that helps!

Aug 31, 2020 5:51 AM in response to crappykid

Hi,

Thanks for keeping us updated on the steps you completed with your iMac.

From here, it sounds like the best next step would be to have your iMac evaluated for service. Depending on your region, that can be done at a local Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store or through a mail-in process. Find Locations in your area to see if that would work for you. Then, Contact Apple Support if you want to look at possible mail-in options or have any other questions about this process. 

Hope that helps!

iMac retina 5k 27" late 2015 pink tint around the display edge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.