Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you block ALL emails via text?

How do you block ALL emails via text? I'm getting inappropriate messages from Hotmail addresses DAILY

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 12:01 PM

Thanks but I'm looking for a resolution that blocks EVERYONE trying to send me an email via text message. Blocking each one doesn't help because they keep coming from different email addresses, constantly. There has to be a way to block ALL emails via text message. I don't think there is a way to do it, because you cannot input block alpha characters as a phone number, so there isn't a way to block email addresses. I'm getting sad because I literally get tons of messages daily and they're crude and inappropriate.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 12:01 PM in response to barberlives123

Thanks but I'm looking for a resolution that blocks EVERYONE trying to send me an email via text message. Blocking each one doesn't help because they keep coming from different email addresses, constantly. There has to be a way to block ALL emails via text message. I don't think there is a way to do it, because you cannot input block alpha characters as a phone number, so there isn't a way to block email addresses. I'm getting sad because I literally get tons of messages daily and they're crude and inappropriate.

Aug 24, 2020 2:13 PM in response to kwanza52

Hi again kwanza52,

Thanks for the screenshot. We see this message is being sent via SMS text, rather than iMessage. As SMS and MMS messaging is provided and supported by your wireless carrier, this explains why the option isn't available to report it directly to Apple.

We recommend you report the message to your carrier directly. You may find contact information for partner carriers directly on our website here:

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone

Take care!

Aug 23, 2020 11:47 AM in response to kwanza52

Hi kwanza52,

We appreciate you coming to Apple Support Communities for help with these unwanted messages you're receiving. We're more than glad to help!

It's possible to block specific senders, and also to filter unknown senders in Messages app. Here's a guide with the steps to block a specific sender:

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To filter unknown senders so that they don't show up in the list of conversations in Messages, follow the instructions in the section titled, "Filter iMessages from unknown senders."

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

Aug 23, 2020 3:46 PM in response to kwanza52

Hi kwanza52,

We certainly understand wanting to prevent these unknown messages. While there isn't an option to block all incoming iMessages sent using an email address, your feedback is appreciated. We welcome your suggestions for Messages, so we’d like to share a great link to submit your feedback about this:

Product Feedback

We encourage you to report these messages as junk as they come in. Please refer to the section in the guide we provided in our previous message, under the section titled, "Report spam or junk in the Messages app".

Thanks again, and have a great day!

How do you block ALL emails via text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.