Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Kernel Panic

Can anyone help me understand the attached error log so that I can identify the Kernel Panic causing my MacBook to reboot?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 6:25 PM

The "EmbeddedOS" referenced in the Kernel Panic references the special OS that is uploaded to the Touchbar to operate it. I've never seen this specific type of error reported before so it is quite unusual. It is hard to say if you have a hardware issue or a possible software issue that is somehow interfering with macOS. You can run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Also disconnect all external devices from the laptop to see if the issue still occurs just in case one of those devices may be causing problems.

Try running the Apple Diagnostics.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 6:25 PM in response to GriffinsMom152

The "EmbeddedOS" referenced in the Kernel Panic references the special OS that is uploaded to the Touchbar to operate it. I've never seen this specific type of error reported before so it is quite unusual. It is hard to say if you have a hardware issue or a possible software issue that is somehow interfering with macOS. You can run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Also disconnect all external devices from the laptop to see if the issue still occurs just in case one of those devices may be causing problems.

Try running the Apple Diagnostics.

Macbook Pro Kernel Panic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.