Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find my iPod music on my present iPad pro

I have music on my 2012 iPod that I want to access. Just moved and can't find it. I thought someone said it would be accessible from iTunes. Am trying to find it. Want to put it on iPad pro if possible.

iPod Touch

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 12:39 PM

Hi Ginben2,

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're looking to move music you had on your iPod to your new iPad Pro. We'd like to help.

Was the music on your iPod purchased through iTunes and/or downloaded from CDs? Did you sync that device with a computer to manage your music? Do you still have access to that computer, if you did?

Are you currently an Apple Music subscriber? If so, did you have an Apple Music subscription on your 2012 iPod?

If you still have the computer with your iTunes library, you can Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad.

Hope that helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 12:39 PM in response to Ginben2

Hi Ginben2,

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're looking to move music you had on your iPod to your new iPad Pro. We'd like to help.

Was the music on your iPod purchased through iTunes and/or downloaded from CDs? Did you sync that device with a computer to manage your music? Do you still have access to that computer, if you did?

Are you currently an Apple Music subscriber? If so, did you have an Apple Music subscription on your 2012 iPod?

If you still have the computer with your iTunes library, you can Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad.

Hope that helps!

Aug 23, 2020 10:45 AM in response to Ginben2

If you synchronised the music from "iTunes" - that is, your iTunes Library, on your computer, then the music should still be listed in your Library now. That's probably what someone meant by "being accessible from iTunes".

However, if for some reason, you don't have access to that Library:

• if any music on your iPod was purchased directly from the iTunes Store using your iPod, then use iTunes (on your computer) to sign into your account and you should be able to download the music again from there
    • for any music purchased from other sources (such as Amazon), go to your account with that store and look for your past purchases, so that you can download them again

Once you recover or re-build your Library, might I suggest that you make sure to back up your music in the future?

• an iPod is not a back up for what is on your computer. It's the other way round, the music stored on your computer is the back up for the iPod
    • but computer hard drives can fail, so back up the music on the computer as well. Buy yourself an external hard drive to use as back up for your computer

How can I find my iPod music on my present iPad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.