Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete global quest search application

I am getting the message pop up on my screen about every thirty seconds. How do I delete it?

Do you want the application “GlobalQuestSearch” to accept incoming network connections?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 8:23 PM

2 replies

Aug 22, 2020 8:43 PM in response to RMSmith77

The free Malwarebytes may take care of it...

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

See if you have unknown Profiles.

To remove a configuration profile in macOS:

1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences....
  2. From the View menu in System Preferences, select Profiles.Note:
  3. Profiles won't be visible until you have at least one profile installed.
  4. Select the profile you want to remove, and then press the - (minus) button. Click Remove to remove the profile.

Aug 22, 2020 9:35 PM in response to RMSmith77

RMSmith77 Said:

"delete global quest search application I am getting the message pop up on my screen about every thirty seconds. How do I delete it? Do you want the application “GlobalQuestSearch” to accept incoming network connections?"

-------

Remove this Login Item:

Another thought: Remove this login item - To do so, boot into Safe Mode [Hold Down: shift key upon boot] - login items will not open upon login in. So, if this is a login item, these messages, would stop popping up. Then, remove it, by probably dragging it to the Trash from the Applications window, and then emptying the Trash.

So, remove this and all unknown items as such and then restart the Mac, seeing if it/they no longer popup at login.

To Remove Them:

1. Go To: System Preferences
  2. Select: Users & Groups
  3. Click: This user name
  4. Click: Login Items
  5. Select: Uneeded items.
  6. Click: “-“ button

delete global quest search application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.