Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Calendar Birthdays

I haven’t seen anyone else with this issue, but hopefully a fix can still be found.

When I log a birthday in my contacts, it isn’t showing up in the calendar. I have double checked, and the birthday calendar is turned on in calendar settings.

To make matters odder, some birthdays are showing up as they should on the calendar, but only 4 of them (I have about 14 saved). It almost seems like the calendar isn’t syncing properly with my contacts? I don’t know. I’ve done troubleshooting based on people with similar issues, but nothing has fixed it as of yet. Any help is appreciated.

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 7:17 AM

Hey MysteriumSchmysterium,

Nice work, so far! In Settings > Cellular > do you have Calendar and Contacts enabled for cellular? If not, enable those apps to use cellular.

Did you check if those Birthdays show up in the Calendar app on the iCloud website using a browser? In your last post, you mentioned that the contacts appear there, but didn't really mention if those Birthdays showed up in the Calendar.

In Settings > Calendar > Sync, are 'All Events' selected? If not, please select "All Events". Then go back to Settings > Calendar > Default Alert Times and ensure all options have 'On Day of Event' selected. Especially for Birthdays at the top.

Let us know if that resolves it!

Take care!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 7:17 AM in response to MysteriumSchmysterium

Hey MysteriumSchmysterium,

Nice work, so far! In Settings > Cellular > do you have Calendar and Contacts enabled for cellular? If not, enable those apps to use cellular.

Did you check if those Birthdays show up in the Calendar app on the iCloud website using a browser? In your last post, you mentioned that the contacts appear there, but didn't really mention if those Birthdays showed up in the Calendar.

In Settings > Calendar > Sync, are 'All Events' selected? If not, please select "All Events". Then go back to Settings > Calendar > Default Alert Times and ensure all options have 'On Day of Event' selected. Especially for Birthdays at the top.

Let us know if that resolves it!

Take care!

Aug 23, 2020 5:11 PM in response to barberlives123

ICloud on a browser does indeed have those other contacts showing up, but unfortunately troubleshooting the iCloud syncing didn't fix anything, probably because my only Apple device is my phone.

Other contact changes (including birthdays) are saving properly, the problem is that they don't seem to be syncing properly with the calendar. And I'm still able to add recurring events as normal in the calendar. I'm not sure how to add a birthday event to a contact, so I was unable to troubleshoot that any.

Lastly, I have already tried unchecking and rechecking the Birthdays calendar, but I tried it again. Still nothing, unfortunately.

It seems to be a bizarre issue, which is, well... bizarre. Thank you for your help thus far, though!

Aug 23, 2020 2:10 PM in response to MysteriumSchmysterium

Hi MysteriumSchmysterium!

It appears you've been struggling to add Birthdays to the Birthday Calendar on your iPhone. We'll do our best to assist with this and hopefully provide a solution.

Are you using iCloud by chance to sync your content across your devices for Contacts and Calendars? If so, we'd start here: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

In case that doesn't solve it, do those contacts with the Birthday appear in iCloud on a browser? Do they also appear there in the Birthday Calendar? Check by signing in here: Sign in to iCloud

If you don't use iCloud, do other contact changes save properly, when changed on your iPhone? For example, you could try adding a phone number or email address to test it out. Can you add a Birthday event, opposed to adding the birth date to the contact for testing purposes?

You can open up the Calendar app > Calendars > scroll down to Birthdays and uncheck, then re-check the calendar to hopefully push any recent changes you've made to those contacts and show those events in the Calendar app.

Hope this helps out!

Problem with Calendar Birthdays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.