Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black bar at bottom of mail app

my email display started showing a black bar across the bottom, so the displayed list of emails is effectively shorter. the display is fine when I first open the mail app, then it shrinks up from the bottom pretty quickly, leaving a black space at the bottom.

have seen a similar issue posted before but their fix doesn’t work for me as I have no drafts in progress.

thanks.

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 12:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 2:04 AM

MarieAurelie Said:

"Black bar at bottom of mail app: my email display started showing a black bar across the bottom, so the displayed list of emails is effectively shorter. the display is fine when I first open the mail app, then it shrinks up from the bottom pretty quickly, leaving a black space at the bottom. have seen a similar issue posted before but their fix doesn’t work for me as I have no drafts in progress. thanks."

-------

Did you Look here?: Black bar across bottom of mail display - Apple Community

Restart the iPhone - then It should go back to reading "New Message" for when you want to create drafts or have some to be completed.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 2:04 AM in response to MarieAurelie

MarieAurelie Said:

"Black bar at bottom of mail app: my email display started showing a black bar across the bottom, so the displayed list of emails is effectively shorter. the display is fine when I first open the mail app, then it shrinks up from the bottom pretty quickly, leaving a black space at the bottom. have seen a similar issue posted before but their fix doesn’t work for me as I have no drafts in progress. thanks."

-------

Did you Look here?: Black bar across bottom of mail display - Apple Community

Restart the iPhone - then It should go back to reading "New Message" for when you want to create drafts or have some to be completed.

Aug 23, 2020 12:43 AM in response to MarieAurelie

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot, in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images / pictures speak louder than words. (Do not provide any personal credentials, such as email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, Order ID, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable. etc)

Black bar at bottom of mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.