Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to remove family members from iCloud sharing

I am the organizer of iCloud family sharing and I am unable to remove sharing with one particular family member. This is ridiculous.anyone facing that issue?

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 12:32 PM

Well, if you read the information in one of the links provided above by javaliga you would've realized that a child's account (under 13) must be transferred to another Family Sharing setup....

"When the family organizer turns off Family Sharing, it removes all family members from the family group at once. If there are children under 13* in your family group, you must transfer them to another family before you can disband yours."

As per -- Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support.

Now, if you want to delete that child's account, that's a whole other kettle of fish.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 12:32 PM in response to kellychua

Well, if you read the information in one of the links provided above by javaliga you would've realized that a child's account (under 13) must be transferred to another Family Sharing setup....

"When the family organizer turns off Family Sharing, it removes all family members from the family group at once. If there are children under 13* in your family group, you must transfer them to another family before you can disband yours."

As per -- Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support.

Now, if you want to delete that child's account, that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Aug 26, 2020 3:44 AM in response to kellychua

kellychua wrote:

And that is exactly why I said it’s ridiculous. Being the subscriber and organizer, my rights is limited and a minor’s rights surpasses me.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

See >>> https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule

Apple is required to do this to protect the child's rights, not yours.

Aug 23, 2020 6:11 PM in response to LACAllen

I am not allowed to do any of the above on my iPhone. Nothing happens when you click the member of the family. The only function I can do is to click “stop sharing with my family” but I won’t do that because it’s more disruptive! I will end up having to add in the members to share my iCloud all over again (excluding the member I wanted to remove).

Seems like the only way is for the member of the family to remove themselves from the family but that does not make any sense when I am the organizer.

I tried to log in from my MacBook and I can see I am able to control the iCloud sharing (per member). It’s quite ridiculous to know that such simple function can only be accessed by a computer and not available on any other device. I have removed 1 member successfully but stuck at unable to remove a underaged member. I am not able to remove the underaged until I assign her to another family iCloud sharing. In reality I am just removing my daughter’s old account But I am unable to do so. So I have 1 member in the iCloud sharing taking up the quota of sharing (200gb with max 6 sharing account).

It’s extremely frustrating to experience all these. Apple products are premium and we are not getting premium services despite paying for it. I think Apple seriously need to look at being better than Android for so many things. It just isn’t well thought enough.

Aug 24, 2020 7:37 PM in response to zinacef

If you have read the thread. You would know that I am trying to remove 1 adult and 1 child. All family members cannot be relived by phone. I managed to remove adult by using my MacBook. And the child remains unremovable. I have to transfer her to another family. I can not remove her.

It’s just ridiculous. That account was set up “accidentally” as I was trying to see if I can impose restriction on using the phone. Now I want to remove the child account and Apple take it so seriously that this is literally a human account. I am down with 1 quota on family sharing because of this.

Unable to remove family members from iCloud sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.